Thursday 24 May 2012

Back in the...U..ssr (oops!)..UK.

I can't believe that I have been back home in England for a little over two weeks already. I should do considering the cool weather that we have been having until the last couple of days. It has been really hard to come to terms with being here and not in Australia where I had become part of the furniture, you know where people sit on you and rest their feet!

First weekend back and it was my big sister's birthday and we had a small gathering at her home to celebrate. My big brother, Pete and little sister, June were there together with our dear Aunt Muriel. The weather gods smiled on us and despite a chilly wind the sun shone for the most past and we were able to sit outside on the patio.

Most of the outstanding mail items were dealt with and filed (most in the round filing cabinet) and I half-heartedly scanned the jobs sections! Nothing much has changed whilst I've been away it would seem other than myself. I am now more determined than ever to get my book published and until it has been then I will not feel able to move on with the next phase of my life. It is close to completion thanks to the time I was able to put in whilst in Australia.

Last weekend it was my birthday and I enjoyed a great lunch at a local country pub with my family. Another year older...another year wiser? I would like to think so but only time will tell. I'm sure I will continue to make the same mistakes and decisions but I hope to be more aware of them as I make them!

Amber, Kat, June, Tia, Pete, Sandra

June, Sandra and Pete

Kat, June, Sandra, Tia, Pete & Amber

The Tuddenham Fountain Pub.
The good news is that I had managed to only add a pound and a half in weight whilst I was away, which considering the generosity of my friends at my many farewell parties was quite pleasing. That is now down to just half a pound after last nights 'weigh-in' so it is back to the hard work I guess.

Off now to see my lovely friend Jac and my godson, Benjamin for a long weekend where I can hopefully almost complete the book manuscript.

Anyone reading this who wants to give me a job that pays well and is not too difficult I would love to hear from you. In the meantime keep safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment